Ohio: In its day, Dayton’s Union Station was a “handsome palace”

Dayton’s Union Station was the majestic and bustling train hub of the city for decades.

Described as a “handsome palace” when the train station opened at Sixth and Ludlow Streets in 1900, it was crowned by a seven-story clock tower. The new “Tower Depot” replaced an earlier round-topped depot built in the mid-1850s.

Click here to read the full story.